This will be an epic fastest known time (FKT) 21KMs trail run challenge.
While Mount Marami is only about 633 MASL (meters above sea level), it is still a challenging trail – to the unprepared! 🙂
Yes. To a field of seasoned athletes – mountaineers and runners and ultraruners, this is chicken. But to the you-know-who occasional/recreational joiners, this could prove very challenging.
Anyways, with my plantar pain and occasional backache on this race week – I’m having doubts of making it to the starting line. But with God’s grace, I just might be there and finish this distance.
Tips for the unprepared:
- bring extra hydration for your own use before the aid stations
- bring extra small bites for your own use before the aid stations
- dont waste time on full stop – keep walking
- bring a trekking pole
- wear the lightest gear you have
- tag along with a buddy (to push and pull each other)
Crossing my fingers. 🙂