As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. (HCSB)
Reading the whole of Psalm 103 brings us to a whole lot of great things about our God. The above quoted verse is just but one of the many things He has done for us – and is continually doing. We all have sinned…not one is righteous in the eyes of God – but the Son redeemed us. Hence, King David starts the Psalm with so much call for praise!
Allow me to highlight the good things God does, and what He is:
- He forgives sins – no matter how grave!
- He heals diseases – and any disease at that!
- He redeems us from death
- He crowns us with love and tender mercies
- He fills our life with good things
- He gives righteousness and justice to those who are treated unfairly
- He revealed His character to Moses
- He revealed His deeds to the people of Israel
- He is compassionate and merciful
- He is slow to get angry
- He is filled with unfailing love
- He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever
- He does not punish us for all our sins – while we repeatedly disgust Him!
- He does not deal harshly with us as we deserve
- He is like a father to His children
- He is tender and compassionate to those who fear Him
- He knows how weak we are
- He remembers we are only dust
- His love remains forever with those who fear Him
- His salvation extends to the children’s children of those who are faithful to His covenant, of those who obey His commandments
- He made the heavens His throne
- From heaven, He rules over everything – Hence, He is Lord of everything!
This is just from one (1) Psalm. There’s more!
Knowing all of the above about our awesome God will really prompt our spirit to praise Him. Such love…such mercy…such power!
Indeed who can fathom the depth of God’s love?
Praise be to our loving God!